Use of Ultra Violet (UV) LEDs will continue to grow sharply during the next three to five years, especially in lower wavelengths ranging from 210nm to 415nm.
Despite the many benefits of UV LED technology, adoption has been limited in the past due to the epoxy lens used in LEDs. The epoxy degraded the overall lifespan of UV LEDs to less than 5,000 hours. Replacing the epoxy lenses with a robust TO-46 package with glass lens, QuasarBrite UV LEDs have life expectancy of greater than 10 times the original epoxy designs, which evaluates to more than 50,000 hours.
Lumex QuasarBrite UV technology is ideal for a wide range of applications including:
- Bacterial and superficial sterilization for medical device technologies related to phototherapy, dental, and dermatology equipment
- Industrial control device technology related to leak and biohazard detection
- Forensic applications related to counterfeit detection and forensic analysis of bodily fluids
- Ink fluorescing
The list below provide an overview of the types of UV LED products Lumex provides.
In addition to our standard product offering, Lumex can also customize any UV LED to suit your specific design needs.
Features / Options
- TO-46 package with glass lens
- Custom wavelengths available
Applications / Uses
- Optical sensors and instrumentation
- Forensic and bodily fluid detection and analysis
- Medical light therapy
- Polymer and ink printing
- Counterfeit detection
- Superficial sterilization